About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is transforming the way that people find what they love (3.5M clients and counting) and inspiring them to be their best selves, through a powerful and unique combination of pioneering data science and thousands of human stylists.
As VP of Recruiting, you will ensure that Stitch Fix brings in world-class talent to continue redefining the retail industry and reach new heights of client happiness and organizational success. Spanning a uniquely wide variety of roles and functions and geographies, recruiting at Stitch Fix will let you have impact and innovate in ways you never thought possible in your career. This is an incredible opportunity to drive and innovate the recruiting function at one of the most exciting consumer retail and technology companies out there. This position will report directly to Stitch Fix’s Chief People & Culture Officer and ideally be based in San Francisco at the global HQ (but they are open to other locations for the right candidate).
- Build and lead a nimble, world-class recruiting team, bringing the best out of every team member and creating a culture of high-performance, people development, innovation, and collaboration.
- Work with a highly engaged executive and management team, to evolve an already strong culture of recruiting. You will develop programs to continually improve hiring manager capabilities and ‘teach them how to fish’ (the foundation of their recruiting philosophy).
- Prioritize Diversity & Inclusion by partnering closely with the business and People & Culture leaders to drive recruiting-related initiatives while continually assessing the state of Stitch Fix’s talent across teams and functions.
- Continually optimize the function through metrics-driven insights, organizational design, and process improvements.
- Shape and deliver a consistently world-class candidate experience, drawing from industry best practices and the best of consumer marketing and product.
- Create and drive an employer branding strategy that helps position Stitch Fix as the place to start or pursue a career in data-driven consumer retail.
- Establish and maintain talent market expertise including comprehensive external view of industry trends and competitors.
- A strong people manager and inspirational leader - capable of leading large teams through changes - to the organization, varying business cycles and shifts in markets, geographies and talent strategies.
- A ‘systems thinker’ - adept at developing strategies and approaches that take a long-term view on how to solve the problems at hand and setting the company up for success.
- A deep recruiting pro - experience in recruiting for roles ranging from entry-level to executive roles in high-growth environments.
- A connector and strong operator - functional leadership experience achieving results by bringing teams together under a unified strategic direction and leading with data.
- A pragmatic risk taker - candid in raising issues, using data and insights to navigate ambiguity and frame options forward, and driving cross-functional teams to decisions involving informed risks.
- A brand builder - experience building a strong employer brand, particularly in new and difficult talent markets like international locations and engineering.
- An influencer - excellent written and verbal communication skills and a keen ability to influence at the executive level leveraging your emotional intelligence and judgement.
You have experience in:
- Hitting aggressive business and technical recruiting goals in highly competitive low volume/high skill and high volume/low skill environments.
- Operating at 30,000 feet and ‘sea level’ to shape global strategies and thinking about recruiting priorities 3-5 years ahead with the ability to dive down in coaching the team to execute in daily work.
- Directly or indirectly leading recruiting orgs including 3+ years of managing Managers.
- Developing strategy across functions, over your career you have been exposed to a complexity of functions and roles, and partnered with leaders of multiple functions to deliver against their business goals.
- Leading through ambiguity and constant change, balancing the need to be nimble and responsive in the short-term with driving progress on longer-term foundational initiatives.
- Collaborating with business partners or directly managing teams in the business (sales, product and engineering), service delivery (legal, finance, IT) and/or across people team (HR, diversity, total rewards, talent and people experience).
- Leveraging technology throughout the entire hiring progress to continually improve the productivity of hiring managers and recruiting teams.