Unit is building the platform to power the next generation of financial services. Our mission is to help companies expand financial access for all. Our simple and powerful banking-as-a-service API helps companies launch bank accounts, cards, payments, and lending in weeks - not years. Unit was founded by a team with deep fintech and financial services experience and the first banking-as-a-service platform to reach unicorn status. We have raised over $169 million to date from top investors including Insight Partners, Accel, Better Tomorrow Ventures, Aleph, and Flourish and serve 140+ customers including AngelList, Honeybook, Roofstock, and many more.
We at Unit know the importance of our people: that their values and behavior will ultimately shape the elements of our success, from our processes and product to our brand, reputation, and more. As the Head of People, you will work closely with the founders as a key strategic partner, putting people at the forefront as we scale beyond 100 people.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for the entire people function at Unit, including Talent, People Operations, and beyond. You and your team will develop a strategic end-to-end talent experience: talent acquisition, learning & development, performance management, engagement, and total rewards. You will build and execute repeatable programs, processes, and policies to drive employee engagement and deepen the connection to Unit’s unique mission, culture and values.
We are a team of experienced founders and builders at heart, backed by top VCs and 40+ top fintech angels. For the right candidate, this is a rare opportunity to build an industry-defining company from the ground up.
● Act as a strategic partner to the founders and leadership to develop, communicate, and execute a holistic people strategy in line with our Culture and Values
● Contribute to organizational design and communication processes to support Unit’s rapid growth and effectively scale our unique culture
● Develop learning & development opportunities and processes that enable employees' continuous growth, performance, and engagement
● Collaborate with management team and Finance to develop and implement responsible compensation, benefits, performance review, and incentive programs
● Drive definition and adoption of key people analytics to support thoughtful, data-driven people decisions throughout the entire employee lifecycle
● Scale and lead a team of talent and people operations professionals
What We're Looking for
A track record of successfully building and operationalizing People teams and programs, both strategic and tactical, during a period of rapid growth for the business (100+ employees and beyond)
● Experience building programs to support the entire employee life cycle, from management coaching and performance management to leveling frameworks and Total Rewards
● A First Principles thinker - you are a systems thinker who asks “why?” until you uncover the fundamental problem that needs solving
● A strong business mindset - you are curious about Unit’s product, take the time to understand the unique needs of our business and tailor your approach to match
● An expert operator with an owner’s mindset - you are an expert in your domain and bring operational excellence and rigor to the People function
● A trusted advocate for employees and effective influencer at every level of the organization
LIfe at Unit
Working at Unit means joining a global team on a mission to create a more equitable financial ecosystem. We’re a fast-growing team of individuals who are passionate about their work, see the big picture and always seek to empower our clients and their end-customers.